Holy Grail

Holy Grail

Friday, December 12, 2014

The Stoke

Perhaps I have commented on this before. "The Stoke" as it were. That is to say the process of getting stoked. Like, totally stoked! It is not the same as say, getting happy or excited. It is it's very own thing.
The Stoke is not something that happens to you or even an emotion really. It is, in my opinion, a universal energy that will, when conditions are right, make itself a home inside you for a time.
True, it does respond to certain situation better than others. Like a salesman making a sale for instance. I'm not sure the elation he might feel is "The Stoke". I think that might just be short term happiness. However, if he is happy because he finally has enough money to buy that bitchin' '76 Les Paul Deluxe, then that is for sure "The Stoke". Fine line distinctions but I believe them to be true and accurate.
So, when were you last STOKED? My friends, it is an important question to ask yourself. We simply cannot continue our day to day lives with out a measure of Stoke.
I have a Stoke dispenser at my house. A few in fact. The Inverness Green Les Paul Custom Pro that my wife bought me for our 15th anniversary always brings on The Stoke.
Also, I can grab a longboard (skateboard because I live inland now) and find a little bit of Stoke by simply rolling down my driveway.
I suggest you all find that little something that lets you connect with The Stoke. Think about it a little.
Maybe you like to paint or draw, or perhaps you are working on a difficult piano piece. These types of things are corridors to the wonder of being stoked.
I hope that you take some time out this weekend to find a little fun. A little stoke.
Check out the images of folks being stoked. Dig it!

Are you kidding me? Totally Stoked!


Yep, Stoked Again...times two! Sweet rollers and a Fender Jag!


Now I'm Stoked!

Thanks guys for checking in and have a great life until we talk again.




No comments:

Post a Comment